Hi all,
Not much is new, but I thought I'd post a message just to give a little update on how things are going. It is hard to believe we have been here for over 2 weeks now! I went to Switzerland for work on Monday...I flew out at 8 am and back in at 8 pm. Kind of crazy! Everything is so close over here - going to another country is like going to another state in the US. Work is still going pretty good - I am meeting more people, adjusting to how things are done and having a better time. I've been kind of homesick a couple of days this week. I'm really starting to miss my friends, family and the conveniences of my American life! It is amazing how many things I took for granted - like my car and my coffee pot!! We've been using a French press for coffee every morning, which is good, but different. Luckily we brought some Caribou Coffee with us to remind us of home (and Chandler) : )
We are going to be moving into our new flat on Friday! I am really looking forward to it! It will be nice to get fully unpacked, get the rest of our things from the US, and get settled. We've been looking at the calendar for the next few months trying to plan some trips and plan for our visitors. I hope that some of you are able to make it for a visit! We will have a 2 bedroom place and would love to host anyone!
Miss you all. Love you lots, Jenny & Ryan
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
That's so cool that you can just fly to another country for a day! Send us pictures of the new flat when you move in.
Miss you, Erica
So many experiences!
Thats great you can move in on Friday. It will give you the weekend to get everything in one place and get organized. Just having your personal things around will seem more like your home.
Miss you too! Mom
Have you spent any time in the pubs yet? There are so many wonderful English Bitters to sample. Remember, John Courage Directors and Thwaites Lancaster Bomber are two of my favorites. You'll need to locate both of those before Michelle and I will be able to come visit :-)
Wow!! I have so much to catch up on. Despite the fact that you've moved to another country and me only a few states away, I feel like I'm further removed from the world. We just got internet and TV today.
I'll have to read up when I have more time. I'm sure all the photos of historical monuments and such are great, but I only zoomed in on the shoes. Now those are FABULOUS!!!
Sending my love ~ Laura
I feel so honored you have some Caribou. Just let me know when you need a replenishment & we will send more. We think of you guys often and pray lots. We had a good visit to CR for Memorial Day weekend & went to Tyler's graduation ceremony. We feel old. Love you guys - Looks like Sept is when we will come over.
Post a Comment