Saturday, May 17, 2008

Fosters at 9 am?

Yes, apparently on "game days" (big soccer match today) the Irish get started early! We had the most interesting experience on the train today...we got up early to head into London to do a little shopping. We arrived at the East Croydon station around 9 am and got on the train to Victoria Station. Within seconds, a group of about 30 loud Irishmen drinking tall cans of Fosters, wearing empty cases of beer on their heads, began screaming out Irish limericks with all sorts of vulgar language! It was so bad, I don't dare to repeat it! They carried on singing (or screaming) for the entire 20 minute train ride! Welcome to England!

Oh, in case anyone wondered, we did get some shopping done and I got the cutest pair of shoes!

4 comments:

number5 said...

Wow, that's a funny story:). And those shoes are absolutely adorable, what else did you get? shanel

Unknown said...

Love the shoes! I can't wait to come visit and go shopping!
Love ya, Erica

Anonymous said...

I didn't realize we could even leave comments - Silly me. This website is so cool. Loved all the Paris pics. I've forwarded this blog to both Aunt Sue's. So glad to hear you both are good. We'll be in CR this weekend to see Gayle. That will be nice. Love you guys! Those shoes are adorable! Chandler & James

Anonymous said...

I would have had a beer with them!