Well, it’s been a full week since we got here. So much has happened in one week, it seems like much longer! I started my job last Thursday. It helps that I have an understanding of the business and have met the people, but there are still so many different and new things to learn. It should be challenging, but fun.
London itself has been fun. We have not had too much time to explore the city yet, but have noticed some obvious differences that will require some adjustments. The biggest one is not having a car! I’ve never really had to use public transportation – trains and busses- before. It is not the “public” part that bothers me, but the loss of the ability to jump in my car and go somewhere from wherever I am, whenever I want to. Walking a mile with heavy bags of groceries is NOT fun! Everything is also much smaller here .... food portions, the apartment, the dishwasher, the washer/dryer, etc. And, things are SO expensive! Items are priced in pounds at the same price as we would see them in dollars, however the dollar is only worth half of a pound so things cost twice as much!
We went to Paris for the weekend because I had to leave the country and re-enter in order to get my work permit stamped. It was a just a 2 hour train ride on the Eurostar direct from London to Paris. The city was amazing! It was a little more difficult to get around and figure things out with the language difference! It made me grateful that they speak English in the UK!
Hope everyone is doing well! You had better start posting more comments or I am not going to think anyone is reading this J Love you all!
2 comments:
hi! great pictures! did you go up the stairs at Notre Dame?
I am so jealous it is ridiculous! I want to hear more about the beer though. That is definitely near and dear to my heart! B and I are pumped to be able to see you guys here is a month or so. Can't wait to break in the city together!
Post a Comment