Monday, June 30, 2008

Wimbledon

5 am? Do I really have to get up at 5 am to go to Wimbeldon? Yep. And then we queued (waited in line) for 4 hours to get in, and another 1.5 hours until they started playing. It was totally worth it! We got grounds tickets which gave us access to all courts except center court and court 1. There are 19 courts total. We watched Venus Williams and Jalena Jankovic warm up which was pretty cool. Venus' family was there watching. Then we watched quite a few other matches and then got into another queue for 1.5 hours to get "resale" tickets for center court. We were able to get in for super cheap and got to see Rafa Nadal and Nicolas Kiefer play! They were just amazing! It was after 10 pm when we got home! Long day, but a lot of fun. It was 75 and sunny which was even better!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jim and I were totally watching Rafa and Nicolas on TV. So wish we would have seen you! Michelle

The Joslin Family said...

I am sure Ryan was in heaven! That is like his perfect day!